Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Organization (additional) Contact Details to include e-mail

When you add (additional) Contact Details to an org., you can include just about every piece of contact data EXCEPT an e-mail address.

I suggest that this is added.

Addl contact data is useful for administering general contact info like helpdesk (order desk, logistics) numbers and they often have an e-mail address associated.

Creating 'general' (fony) person records is an ugly workaround.

George/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Finding a function when adding a report calculated column

When adding a report calculated column, in the 'Formula builder' section, 'Add a function' picklist, include a value / breadcrumb named 'All functions'; this will help the user find a formula from an alphabetical list in the event that they don't know which category it falls under.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add maximum capacity for whole event, not just on ticket/product types

At the moment you can only set maximum capacity for individual event ticket/product types. If you have two different products for the same event, for say member and non member prices, you might want just a total venue maximum capacity and not based on member v non member prices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create Activity from E-mail

Using the e-mail dropbox is awesome (I use an Outlook Quick Action to make this a 1-click process of forwading and archiving mails).

However, once in WB I'd like to easily create tasks/activities for these e-mails, like a follow-up or set a deadline for replying.

It seems easiest to be able to do that directly from the e-mail form, maybe where the person/lead is determined from the e-mail address.

Should work similarly to the "New" menu on the People & Lead forms.

George.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Abilty to add multi-select fields on custom columns on forms

I have a custom multi select contact type for people records for Primary, Finance, HR Contacts etc. However, when I look at the organisation record, people tab, I can't add this multi select field as a column on the people tab, so have to click on each person so see their contact type rolls.

Can this field type be added as a column option

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Joomla et al integration

There is an API I know, but if there was a Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress component prebuilt to do register, subscribe, remove, new case, case review etc, then that would be truly awesome

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Link e-mails to People/Leads from the My E-mails screen and update auto-linking

Sometimes people have multiple e-mail addresses or use another account (like their personal/gmail/hotmail account) to e-mail me.

I know I can add a reference (PERS/LEAD/ORG) to link the e-mail automatically, but that requires foresight (and I may not realize they used another account) and/or looking up the reference (which takes a few steps).

I would much like to see "unlinked" e-mails in "My Emails" and be able to link them from there.

It would also be cool if when I link an e-mail to a person or lead, WB would offer to "permanently" link that e-mail address and the person/lead…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pop up's should not remain open or continue to pop up once activity is completed / Improve Snooze Function

At present my staff often select the reminder for an activity or watch an activity of another user. If the reminder or watch is selected, the pop up window still comes up even in the even the task to activity is completed.

It would be good to have any completed tasks removed from the pop up function.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Granular sales quotas

Currently sales quotas can be misleading if you are trying to report separately on differing product lines or, in our case, campaign types.

It would make sense to have sales quotas that allow more than just a total sales figure to be input for each accounting period. This could be done with multiple sales quotas that have criteria or custom fields set or a single quota that has configurable extra columns.

For example we could have a situation where a salesperson is required to sell £3000 of tickets within a period of time and £15,000 of sponsorship.

Another example would…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a mechanism to elect which notifications to distribute on email

A user wants to be notified by email of important events, such as when a new lead is assigned. Switching on notifications by email works, but it swamps the user with ALL notification emails. That leads to 'noise' and missing the important emails.

A feature to only send email notifications for specific events would be great.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Persistant field names in reports

Currently if you edit what data is extracted in a report the field name changes - in most cases this is not the desired function and it would be good to include some logic that only sets the field name automatically if the input field is blank.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please give us a bit more information about how you would like to use this functionality? Depending on your requirements this might already be possible

13. Gmail copy email Addon

It is not possible to forward as an attachment from GMail ( GSuite). This is a pain in the use of the dropbox. Therefore, it would be good to have a GMail Addon that when viewing an email, giving the option on a one button press to copy the email to workbooks.
    This amybe done by reformating the email and emailing to the users dropbox, or by using a php process to convert the email data in to an email record for workbooks to understand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create People/Lead from E-mail

Sort of as an afterthought to my "Create Activity from E-mail" idea (link below), but it would be nice to create a new Person/Lead from an (unlinked) e-mail, saving me copy/pasting name and e-mail address.

George.

http://ideas.workbooks.com/forums/34950-workbooks-enhancements-suggestions/suggestions/2809808-create-activity-from-e-mail

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom field formatting, verification

When entering a telephone or e-mail fields check the formatting to standardize and/or verify usability.

For example, when I copy an e-mail address from an Outlook message it looks like this: "Some One <some.one@somewhere.com>" (without the quotes). If I paste that into wb it accepts it, but when I try to send an e-mail it complains about the format.

It would be great to clean up the e-mail address on leaving the field/saving the record (so as I don't have to do that manually and cannot forget).

Similarly other fields could be sanitized/standardized, like phone numbers, VAT ID's,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. zendesk

Integration with Zendesk (as supported by SugarCRM etc.). Allow lookup of user data from Workbooks when support ticket created in Zendesk. Allow archiving of completed / solved Zendesk tickets in customer's CRM record and/or service contact record.

Zendesk is an increasingly popular self-service customer support tool widely used in business having a service or customer service element. It is affordable (especially for SMEs), cloud-based and scalable. A useful addition to Workbooks functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't automatically close the search window

Sometimes you open the wrong record, but because the search window auto-closes you have to redo the search.
    It is possible to hover the cursor over the search results and select "open ... keeping search results", but it would just be easier if one search window was kept open. It'll save time and is more obvious than using the technique described above.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Supplier order button on Organisation's Transaction Tab or on Start Menu under New

We often have to create multiple Supplier Orders for different suppliers that relate to an order for a specific Organisation. On the Transaction tab there are buttons for new Customer Quotations, Invoices, Contracts but not for Supplier Orders which means we need to go into the Start menu then Finance to Supplier Orders. If they could be in the Start menu under New that would be great but there are currently too many clicks to get to a Supplier Order!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reports: Convert to calculated column

When writing a report I have often started out with columns and then realised that a particular column needs to become a calculated one, it would be nice to have the ability to do this easily; currently I am selecting the summarise values column, saving, re-opening and then editing the formula to achieve this. It would be much more efficient to have the add column interface allow a way to convert the field - or add a button to the row (before the delete button) to allow the field to be opened up in the calculated column view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Opportunity Item Price Update, to any updated pricing

when opening an old opportunity to reuse or copy to a new opportunity it would be good if you could select to update to latest pricing, i.e. if items have new pricing since the opportunity was last used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base