Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

2. Turn email into a task

Have the ability to create an activity from an email. A lot of times when you receive an email this creates things to do, such as create a task from that specific email or create a meeting from an email etc etc.

To me 80% of tasks are created from information received in an email.

It would also be very beneficial to be able to mark a sent or received email for follow up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search

Change search to include customer name from sales orders. Currently if you search a customer name and limit the search to Sales orders only not results are returned unless the company name has also been included in the Order Name field. This appears to be a limitation in that the system only searches on the reserved field names of NAME and ID. This severely limits the usefulness of the search function and leads to confusion for the users

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PSA / PPM extension

For professional services, the performance of the service is the first marketing campaign. Furthermore, service delivery may involve a network of stakeholder, supplier, advisors, shoppers, clients, team members... For a professional service firm, it is therefore critical to be able to integrate its service delivery system to its marketing ecosystem. At least a connector to PPM leaders. This is the only reason I cannot switch to Workbooks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Share automatically in workbooks all emails from a client once shared for the first time in outlook, and untick ones you don't want to share

Share all emails in outlook once email from person shared with workbooks that first time, then click the highlight button to unshare i.e. the opposite of what the current functionality does.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable template rendering for tasks/ activities using the API/ scripts

Add renderwithtemplateid and/ or renderwithtemplatename to the activity/tasks.api in order to allow a template to be used for a task/ activity record when that record is created via the API or a process script in the same way that you can with emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create layout rules for individual sections

I appreciate the custom layouts (and they are vital), but it would be far more useful if I could hide or show a section on the fly (and I don't mean collapse the section.)

For example, suppose I provide 5 add-on services to my main service, and each of these add-ons merits its own section. I either have to show all the sections all the time, or I need to create enough form layouts to accommodate all of the combination possibilities. Then, if I need to change anything to the core service, I would need to change it to all…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Combine ticket and attendee information into one tab on events module with custom fields

For the events module, I would like to have a complete list of attendees, speakers, sponsors and hosts on one tab, with all the options relating to the event showing on one page/tab.

At the moment, dietary, accessibility and badge names are shown on the tickets tab, but exclude attendance status, host names and speakers, whereas on the attendees tab, it shows all attendee names (including hosts and speakers) and attendance status, but not dietary or accessibility options so there is not one definitive list of guests for an event!

Also, shouldn't the number of tickets match the number of…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open Case from Opportunity

From an Opportunity one can already call or email or create a To Do, but for us and perhaps other companies, it would be nice to have a New Case option which creates a case for whatever the opportunity was so that the next stage of processing can occur without a case having to be manually raised - with all that manual data input.

I would expect it to copy across the contact details and to auto-relate the opportunity to the case that has just been created.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email Resend Button

Would be nice to see a resend button within the email window allowing an easy one button resend of a single email. When calling prospects it would be so easy to resend an email that they say they have not received, hence you can discuss the content whilst they are on the line!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Organization (additional) Contact Details to include e-mail

When you add (additional) Contact Details to an org., you can include just about every piece of contact data EXCEPT an e-mail address.

I suggest that this is added.

Addl contact data is useful for administering general contact info like helpdesk (order desk, logistics) numbers and they often have an e-mail address associated.

Creating 'general' (fony) person records is an ugly workaround.

George/

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Finding a function when adding a report calculated column

When adding a report calculated column, in the 'Formula builder' section, 'Add a function' picklist, include a value / breadcrumb named 'All functions'; this will help the user find a formula from an alphabetical list in the event that they don't know which category it falls under.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add maximum capacity for whole event, not just on ticket/product types

At the moment you can only set maximum capacity for individual event ticket/product types. If you have two different products for the same event, for say member and non member prices, you might want just a total venue maximum capacity and not based on member v non member prices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create Activity from E-mail

Using the e-mail dropbox is awesome (I use an Outlook Quick Action to make this a 1-click process of forwading and archiving mails).

However, once in WB I'd like to easily create tasks/activities for these e-mails, like a follow-up or set a deadline for replying.

It seems easiest to be able to do that directly from the e-mail form, maybe where the person/lead is determined from the e-mail address.

Should work similarly to the "New" menu on the People & Lead forms.

George.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Abilty to add multi-select fields on custom columns on forms

I have a custom multi select contact type for people records for Primary, Finance, HR Contacts etc. However, when I look at the organisation record, people tab, I can't add this multi select field as a column on the people tab, so have to click on each person so see their contact type rolls.

Can this field type be added as a column option

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Joomla et al integration

There is an API I know, but if there was a Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress component prebuilt to do register, subscribe, remove, new case, case review etc, then that would be truly awesome

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link e-mails to People/Leads from the My E-mails screen and update auto-linking

Sometimes people have multiple e-mail addresses or use another account (like their personal/gmail/hotmail account) to e-mail me.

I know I can add a reference (PERS/LEAD/ORG) to link the e-mail automatically, but that requires foresight (and I may not realize they used another account) and/or looking up the reference (which takes a few steps).

I would much like to see "unlinked" e-mails in "My Emails" and be able to link them from there.

It would also be cool if when I link an e-mail to a person or lead, WB would offer to "permanently" link that e-mail address and the person/lead…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pop up's should not remain open or continue to pop up once activity is completed / Improve Snooze Function

At present my staff often select the reminder for an activity or watch an activity of another user. If the reminder or watch is selected, the pop up window still comes up even in the even the task to activity is completed.

It would be good to have any completed tasks removed from the pop up function.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base