Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. An option to copy Dashboards

An option to copy Dashboards and then edit it after for a differnt user. This is very time consuming when having to open each report and chart to copy and add to a new dashboard and then edit teh reports to match the right criteria for the new user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automaticly close event marketing campaign when maximum capacity for event is reached

I use marketing campaigns to manage event registration through an integrated portal on our website.

It would be great if you could enter the maximum capacity of the event so that it would automatically close when this number is reached as I have to monitor this daily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to build a Report on Files/Attachments or any Records that have Files/Attachments

It would be great to have the ability to see the size of file attachments and uploads on records and emails. This would assist greatly with monitoring the amount of space being taken up on a database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show Individual Repeating Meetings within the calendar view or grid view.

Currently I create new meetings from within the Case tab so they become automatically related to the case so I can see the specific schedule for that case just by opening the case. The problem is, If I create a meeting that repeats, only the first meeting date shows both in the grid view and calendar view. Basically I'd like to suggest this replicates when viewing activities using the Activities in the calendar view or grid view. This would save time in having to filter the activity view for specific cases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PDF preview

When generating a PDF on a quote or order, there should be a way to view the PDF document within Workbooks rather than downloading the file and opening it in a separate application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

7. Turn email into a task

Have the ability to create an activity from an email. A lot of times when you receive an email this creates things to do, such as create a task from that specific email or create a meeting from an email etc etc.

To me 80% of tasks are created from information received in an email.

It would also be very beneficial to be able to mark a sent or received email for follow up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search

Change search to include customer name from sales orders. Currently if you search a customer name and limit the search to Sales orders only not results are returned unless the company name has also been included in the Order Name field. This appears to be a limitation in that the system only searches on the reserved field names of NAME and ID. This severely limits the usefulness of the search function and leads to confusion for the users

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PSA / PPM extension

For professional services, the performance of the service is the first marketing campaign. Furthermore, service delivery may involve a network of stakeholder, supplier, advisors, shoppers, clients, team members... For a professional service firm, it is therefore critical to be able to integrate its service delivery system to its marketing ecosystem. At least a connector to PPM leaders. This is the only reason I cannot switch to Workbooks.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share automatically in workbooks all emails from a client once shared for the first time in outlook, and untick ones you don't want to share

Share all emails in outlook once email from person shared with workbooks that first time, then click the highlight button to unshare i.e. the opposite of what the current functionality does.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable template rendering for tasks/ activities using the API/ scripts

Add render_with_template_id and/ or render_with_template_name to the activity/tasks.api in order to allow a template to be used for a task/ activity record when that record is created via the API or a process script in the same way that you can with emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Chart ALL rows of a report

Currently when you create a report in Workbooks you are shown the first n rows of data, where n is the value set in your 'Lists' preference. If you chart the report either for a standalone chart or for inclusion in a dashboard then you will ONLY see n values in your report.

If you report has more than the default value of 'Lists' you will NOT see the data on your chart from the additional rows. So yes you can alter your preference but if the chart is redrawn by another user with a different preference value, or the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create layout rules for individual sections

I appreciate the custom layouts (and they are vital), but it would be far more useful if I could hide or show a section on the fly (and I don't mean collapse the section.)

For example, suppose I provide 5 add-on services to my main service, and each of these add-ons merits its own section. I either have to show all the sections all the time, or I need to create enough form layouts to accommodate all of the combination possibilities. Then, if I need to change anything to the core service, I would need to change it to all…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Combine ticket and attendee information into one tab on events module with custom fields

For the events module, I would like to have a complete list of attendees, speakers, sponsors and hosts on one tab, with all the options relating to the event showing on one page/tab.

At the moment, dietary, accessibility and badge names are shown on the tickets tab, but exclude attendance status, host names and speakers, whereas on the attendees tab, it shows all attendee names (including hosts and speakers) and attendance status, but not dietary or accessibility options so there is not one definitive list of guests for an event!

Also, shouldn't the number of tickets match the number of…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Open Case from Opportunity

From an Opportunity one can already call or email or create a To Do, but for us and perhaps other companies, it would be nice to have a New Case option which creates a case for whatever the opportunity was so that the next stage of processing can occur without a case having to be manually raised - with all that manual data input.

I would expect it to copy across the contact details and to auto-relate the opportunity to the case that has just been created.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Event sessions not recording properly on events module for attendees

Sub event sessions are not working properly in workbooks.

You can't seem to book sub events and you can't see which attendees are booked on sub sessions for events!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Label to desktop to indicate what environment you are working in

I would like to be able to indicate which database is being used at the moment to the desktop (or bottom bar) so that people don't accidentally do work in the development environment, or do tests in the LIVE environment.

Preferably something BIG and OBVIOUS (see our Dev environment for a hacked version)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email Resend Button

Would be nice to see a resend button within the email window allowing an easy one button resend of a single email. When calling prospects it would be so easy to resend an email that they say they have not received, hence you can discuss the content whilst they are on the line!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base