Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Multiple Data on Line Charts

I would like to plot multiple data on one line chart, such as various categorised Lost Opportunity reasons by amount per month, or number of cases per type closed over time, where the multiple lines on the chart would be the case types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page returns to previous place when a change has been made

When making a change to a long list (Campaign Members for instance) it would be very helpful if the list returned to its previous position after refreshing - rather than returning to the top

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hopefully we will be able to remove the requirement for this when we add editable grids, so that you can amend records in line from the Landing Page (or Campaign Members tab for example) rather than having to open and save each record individually.

3. Tomorrow and AM/PM buttons on activitys

On the activity screen, when I have called someone and not got an answer I usually just move the call to the next day. Something I have seen on other CRMs is a 'Tomorrow' button next to the 'Today' button you already have. Also, If I have called a prospect in the morning and not got an answer, I may want to try that person again in the afternoon. It would be a nice way to differentiate between morning and afternoon calls by having a little AM or PM button in the activity screen and that way in my activity…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zeroes in Months

It's a little irritating having to enter the 0 for months 1 to 9. And it's lazy programming to boot. Can I ask the developers to be a little more user friendly and stick the 0 in where appropriate?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Keith Evans responded

Brian,

Thanks for highlighting this issue. Yes, the date widget can be improved. This is raised with the Development Team and we’ll notify you when this issue is resolved.

Note: Reference numbers: CASE-2795 / #4356

Keith

5. Ability to Import into Party Relationships (fully featured)

Currently only creating relationships is possible and only with a limited number of fields exposed to the import wizard. I would like to update Party Relationship records via import and have all fields exposed, including custom fields.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Product Codes

We would like to be able to restrict access to certain product codes to specific user groups in order to help assist with reporting etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate with Doomi. So actions can be very quickly documented, and minutes of meetings & actions can instantly be recorded in workbooks.

Brillant!! Remove the need for separate documents for minutes & enable employees to instantly view their actions,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to Copy Activities

When creating a lot of Activities in one go it would be great to be able to Save and Copy or Save and New to lessen the Admin burden

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New record permissions: Write with approval

A security permission that would allow anyone to change a record, however the change would not be committed to the live record until it had been approved by the owner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow conditional styling directly at field level rather than having to create styled reports

Allow styling directly at field level rather than having to write a separate report and apply styling via a calculated column

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. recent reports

Sort and filter reports by "Last Run At". This would help immensely with determining which reports are actively being used, and which ones can be removed or archived at larger organizations.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
    When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Report based on Campaign Status

In the Campaign window, it would be quite beneficial if a report could be created by clicking on a Member status under that tab, whether system-set or custom. That way, one could see only the members of a particular status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Address API

In building an integration kit to work with workbooks apis I have noticed a need to import/export multiple addresses for organizations and people. As it is set up at the moment we can only utilize the API to grab the "Main Contact Details". However in practice it is necessary to have a shipping address, a billing address and possibly a contact address at the very minimum, if not multiple addresses in cases of large companies with multiple warehouses, offices, etc. An Api for grabbing addresses would be invaluable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit multi-line description in line items of Quote,order,opp,contract etc

Give the ability to edit line item, multiline text such as description where wording for one quote needs editing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 way SMS Texting directly linked to workbooks contact such as through Coretalk.co.za

My customers prefer texting over email.

Can we have free-flowing SMS text conversations linked to the contacts? Lots of SMS CRMs allow templated marketing to the customer and templated responses from the customer BUT what I need recorded/captured by workbooks is the real life 2 way conversations I have with my customers. PLEASE HELP! Coretalk.co.za already offers this... can you link with them?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add password protection to reports attached to emails (including automated emails)

When sending reports to our partners we would like these files to be password protected. The reports are generated monthly and sent automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Number field which permits comma separators

To create an integer number field that allows a number format using comma separators, but where the field is still calculable. For example we use a field Annual Revenue $,000 which when populated for our records, contains 6-8 digits. Comma separators appear in the list view, but not when individual organisation records are open, making the figure difficult to read.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base