Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Product Codes

We would like to be able to restrict access to certain product codes to specific user groups in order to help assist with reporting etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with Doomi. So actions can be very quickly documented, and minutes of meetings & actions can instantly be recorded in workbooks.

Brillant!! Remove the need for separate documents for minutes & enable employees to instantly view their actions,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to Copy Activities

When creating a lot of Activities in one go it would be great to be able to Save and Copy or Save and New to lessen the Admin burden

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New record permissions: Write with approval

A security permission that would allow anyone to change a record, however the change would not be committed to the live record until it had been approved by the owner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow conditional styling directly at field level rather than having to create styled reports

Allow styling directly at field level rather than having to write a separate report and apply styling via a calculated column

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
    When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report based on Campaign Status

In the Campaign window, it would be quite beneficial if a report could be created by clicking on a Member status under that tab, whether system-set or custom. That way, one could see only the members of a particular status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Address API

In building an integration kit to work with workbooks apis I have noticed a need to import/export multiple addresses for organizations and people. As it is set up at the moment we can only utilize the API to grab the "Main Contact Details". However in practice it is necessary to have a shipping address, a billing address and possibly a contact address at the very minimum, if not multiple addresses in cases of large companies with multiple warehouses, offices, etc. An Api for grabbing addresses would be invaluable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add criteria to mailing lists

Having criteria on a mailing list would be beneficial. It would allow multiple mailing lists to be powered from a single summary view of a report. Something that would be far cleaner than 1 summary view per mailing list as it currently is.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 way SMS Texting directly linked to workbooks contact such as through Coretalk.co.za

My customers prefer texting over email.

Can we have free-flowing SMS text conversations linked to the contacts? Lots of SMS CRMs allow templated marketing to the customer and templated responses from the customer BUT what I need recorded/captured by workbooks is the real life 2 way conversations I have with my customers. PLEASE HELP! Coretalk.co.za already offers this... can you link with them?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add password protection to reports attached to emails (including automated emails)

When sending reports to our partners we would like these files to be password protected. The reports are generated monthly and sent automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Number field which permits comma separators

To create an integer number field that allows a number format using comma separators, but where the field is still calculable. For example we use a field Annual Revenue $,000 which when populated for our records, contains 6-8 digits. Comma separators appear in the list view, but not when individual organisation records are open, making the figure difficult to read.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. An option to copy Dashboards

An option to copy Dashboards and then edit it after for a differnt user. This is very time consuming when having to open each report and chart to copy and add to a new dashboard and then edit teh reports to match the right criteria for the new user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automaticly close event marketing campaign when maximum capacity for event is reached

I use marketing campaigns to manage event registration through an integrated portal on our website.

It would be great if you could enter the maximum capacity of the event so that it would automatically close when this number is reached as I have to monitor this daily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to build a Report on Files/Attachments or any Records that have Files/Attachments

It would be great to have the ability to see the size of file attachments and uploads on records and emails. This would assist greatly with monitoring the amount of space being taken up on a database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Individual Repeating Meetings within the calendar view or grid view.

Currently I create new meetings from within the Case tab so they become automatically related to the case so I can see the specific schedule for that case just by opening the case. The problem is, If I create a meeting that repeats, only the first meeting date shows both in the grid view and calendar view. Basically I'd like to suggest this replicates when viewing activities using the Activities in the calendar view or grid view. This would save time in having to filter the activity view for specific cases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PDF preview

When generating a PDF on a quote or order, there should be a way to view the PDF document within Workbooks rather than downloading the file and opening it in a separate application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom tabs - show number of records

There is the ability to create and add custom tabs to a record type based on a Report. However, these custom tabs don't show the number of results, so when I open the record it appears as if there's no data in the tab. So it would be really useful if the number of results could appear in the tab name e.g. Delegates (5)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base