Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Opportunity Lines - The ability to sort lines on Opportunities

Currently it is not possible to sort Opportunity Lines we require the facility to be able to do this on the Headings on the Opportunity Line screen.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve email attachments

Currently, the links to email attachments are placed at the bottom of the dialog box showing emails and as such are easily missed.

It would be great to see attachment links moved to just above the message body and use icons to make these more visible.

I'd also like to see inline attachments supported.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Convert Email to Contact and Covert Email to Opportunity

It would be nice to be able to convert an email I receive in my outlook to contact and/or opportunity straight through outlook connector. Other software packages already offer this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tax-inclusive pricing on line items

Would like a feature which allows Workbooks to be easily configured to support entering line item prices as ‘tax-inclusive’, and have the system work out and take off the correct amount of tax. It would be helpful to have the option to enter pricing either way, tax inclusive or exclusive and have the system calculate and correctly total up the amount of tax from the line items.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic MultiSelect from report

It would be great if you could create a Dynamic MultiSelect field from a report.

This came about while trying to keep a custom picklist field in Sales Lead synced with Product codes. If i could create a product report, dynamically link it to the custom MultiSelect field, the codes would always be up to date.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. stop autofill when entering data into workbooks

When entering details onto WB, Chrome (un)helpfully suggests my own address details when adding new customer details. Workaround of a separate google profile sounded good, but whenever you click a link in WB, it then opens Chrome under the name of the separate Google account. It appears that as developers, WB may be able to write a script to prevent auto-fill - to me this sounds good and indeed I cant think of many instances when autofill of the CRM users' own data would be helpful when using WB.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it easier for users to maintain/update picklists.

The ability for a user to add to a pick list from the record form would be a great time saver and improve the end user experience.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to create a postal address label direct from the PERSON record

When sending a parcel or letter we would like to look up the contact to ensure we have the correct details and then want to print off an address label (or export to allow a mail merge).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add criteria to mailing lists

Having criteria on a mailing list would be beneficial. It would allow multiple mailing lists to be powered from a single summary view of a report. Something that would be far cleaner than 1 summary view per mailing list as it currently is.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to vary the width of a dropdown selection box.

Currently the width of a dropdown selection field on a customer field is determined by the width of the field in the layout. Standard fields like Product have dropdowns with a wider 40 character viewing window which allows for easier record selection. If this functionality can be added to customer fields it would improve the usability.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Record user information against each workbooks user.

Have the ability to record user information against each workbooks user. This could then used throughout the system but especially in templates...

Job Title
    Mobile
    DDI
    Signature Image URL
    Photo Image URL

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show Individual Repeating Meetings within the calendar view or grid view.

Currently I create new meetings from within the Case tab so they become automatically related to the case so I can see the specific schedule for that case just by opening the case. The problem is, If I create a meeting that repeats, only the first meeting date shows both in the grid view and calendar view. Basically I'd like to suggest this replicates when viewing activities using the Activities in the calendar view or grid view. This would save time in having to filter the activity view for specific cases.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details, phone,…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable template rendering for tasks/ activities using the API/ scripts

Add renderwithtemplateid and/ or renderwithtemplatename to the activity/tasks.api in order to allow a template to be used for a task/ activity record when that record is created via the API or a process script in the same way that you can with emails.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Report based on Campaign Status

In the Campaign window, it would be quite beneficial if a report could be created by clicking on a Member status under that tab, whether system-set or custom. That way, one could see only the members of a particular status.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search

Change search to include customer name from sales orders. Currently if you search a customer name and limit the search to Sales orders only not results are returned unless the company name has also been included in the Order Name field. This appears to be a limitation in that the system only searches on the reserved field names of NAME and ID. This severely limits the usefulness of the search function and leads to confusion for the users

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create layout rules for individual sections

I appreciate the custom layouts (and they are vital), but it would be far more useful if I could hide or show a section on the fly (and I don't mean collapse the section.)

For example, suppose I provide 5 add-on services to my main service, and each of these add-ons merits its own section. I either have to show all the sections all the time, or I need to create enough form layouts to accommodate all of the combination possibilities. Then, if I need to change anything to the core service, I would need to change it to all…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate with Doomi. So actions can be very quickly documented, and minutes of meetings & actions can instantly be recorded in workbooks.

Brillant!! Remove the need for separate documents for minutes & enable employees to instantly view their actions,

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tomorrow and AM/PM buttons on activitys

On the activity screen, when I have called someone and not got an answer I usually just move the call to the next day. Something I have seen on other CRMs is a 'Tomorrow' button next to the 'Today' button you already have. Also, If I have called a prospect in the morning and not got an answer, I may want to try that person again in the afternoon. It would be a nice way to differentiate between morning and afternoon calls by having a little AM or PM button in the activity screen and that way in my activity…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base