Time Saving Ideas for Cases
There are a number of areas where a support engineer can do the same job in less clicks if Workbooks runs slightly differently
a) Make it possible to set a default FROM address when using cases so that responses come back (for example) to a generic role address that is punted into Workbooks - like support@... or info@...., something user specified of course.
b) When sending a mail to a customer you can do this from the Cases Main tab or using the Cases Email tab. If you select Blank Mail you get a different email as the one from the Cases Email tab has no subject line with the Case-Id specified. I think it should be consistent and include the Case-Id.
3) When you have sent an email, the email window closes and you are left at the Mail tab in the case. It makes more sense to put you back to the Main tab, so you can set a new status for example.
4) Occasionally spam emails end up as cases and it would be nice to be able to dismiss such mails in one click with pre-populated close fields (though I suppose this could be written as a button process?)
5) It would be nice to be able to create person directly from the Main Case page rather than having to create the person and THEN open a case for them.
6) The search done in the Name field matches on first name, rather than being like the specific Search within People option on the generic search page.
7) Sometimes you want to be able to search for an Organisation first and to be able to select the person within that Organisation (I realise this might be hard to display intuitively)
I hope some of these suggestions strike a chord with support staff reading the forum.
The majority of these issues have been addressed. We will be implementing the default from address in the next release
Raza Rizvi commented
Thanks for the reply John, and those last 3 points were from a long time ago so good to see they did get addressed.
I've steered away from numbering this reply, as I obviously get distracted with my numbering schemes.
Thanks for your comments.
Your first idea (a) about a different from address has come up a couple of times, so we will take a look at that.
Your point about including the case reference number in the email from the main cases tab is a good one (point b), that should be an easy fix and would also mean you next point (point 3 you appear to have changed from letters to numbers!) would also go away.
Regarding Spam cases, you are right a process button could solve this issue.
On your last three points, you can actually do these today in the product. If you click on the little Binoculars next to the contact name on the case, this opens up a search dialogue. Here you can type in the company name and it will show all people you can also create a new person from this screen