Please leave your suggestion or vote here ...

Mail merge

I would like to merge names, job titles, companies and addresses into Word documents so I can write letters to multiple recipients quickly and easily without the rigmarole of exporting to excel and then mail merging from that.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlexAlex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Simon Bradley from DTWSimon Bradley from DTW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would certainly benefit from the ability to Mail Merge. For example we have a Sales lead and a single letter needs to be created from a range of templates. We would select the client, the template and merge. This would then open up Word where the content of the formatted letter could be edited.

• Jim EganJim Egan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to merge Word documents and also save to OneDrive... in a similar way to what is possible with Google Docs.

• Tom BarnesTom Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - even with the ability to now include custom campaign member fields in the merge it still lacks the flexibility to be truly useful.

Given the importance of mail merging to most businesses I would suggest this as a priority too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a MS Word Plug-in would be a great feature. Many other online CRM programs offer that such as Sugar, ZOHO and several others. It would save a lot of time. In our business we create many Word docs every day. Having a direct Plug-in would save time and avoid the Excel freeze up. Please consider this a priority

No It is not currently possible. Currently the only way to do a merge it to export the fields you wish to have in a document into an Excel spread sheet, then import them into your Word document from their. This is not only cumbersome and time consuming but often Excel freezes up requiring a reboot and starting over. A direct connection to MS Word would allow for the creation of multiple Word templates with the merge fields you want already set up. The when in a record you could simply press a button that says merge at Workbooks would then prompt you to select the correct template, complete the merge and create the completed document.

Mail Merge with MS Word is vital to many businesses. We use it for the completion of our reports which is the product that we sell. having to download into an Excel spreadsheet and then merge into the document is cumbersome and time wasting. Please consider this as a high priority.

Feedback and Knowledge Base