Please leave your suggestion or vote here ...

Ability to sync [synchronise] database for offline use on mobile devices

We want to have the ability to use WorkBooks on mobile devices where there is poor or no service available for mobile devices. Effectively this would involve a synced [synchronised] version of the database on the mobile device app which could be accessed in an offline mode and could be updated as required in this state. On gaining either a WiFi or network data connection the database changes would be synchronised with the master database. Our staff are unable to use WorkBooks where there isn't a reliable data connection and so the product becomes unusable.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marcus Webber shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin Wein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users may struggle with very poor WiFi access in exhibition halls and/or prohibitively expensive wired Internet access. Offline access to a local database (or part of it) for later syncing would eliminate many frustrations.

Many thanks,
        Martin

• Kelda Rawlings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mobile access for workbooks means you have to be online, something for offline use would be much more usable, that would sync when on line. We have also had on going issues with the access on iphones, and clearing the history/data sometimes works and sometimes doesn't (and is a pain as passwords saved etc are lost). I thought this was in the works as was communicated to me by our distributor at the time of purchase, however if its always only going to a mobile html5 access then I find this a bit disappointing and might be a reason to switch, as we only use workbooks as a sales tool/CRM and nothing else, so ease of use for on the road sales people is a top priority. We would be willing to pay for this, and I believe would most users so I would urge you to consider it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base