Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Clone a product

Would like to have the ability to clone a product rather than have to create a new or import them each time.

Scenario is that I have 1 product that works well so I now want to add 9 more that are similar. I didn't import the single one so there's no profile I could use again.

Why can't I select from the products list and clone it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sort columns when building reports

Click 'Title' in the list of columns to sort them. This would help find columns to remove for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Form Layout Field graphic

Add a graphic to the Form Layout Field editor that indicates which Section you are working on, in relation to the published page as a whole.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to download contact records/meetings from the mobile web app.

Having tinkered with the mobile app in the field now for several weeks, I feel that being able to enter meetings and contacts and then downloading them to your devise would be advantageous, as this would eliminate haing to enter the details twice and mean that all can be done without login on to the desktop app.

Although there is a download meeting to calendar button, this doesn't work on iOS devs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating an activity when a field is a date.

We need to create activities during the sales cycle which are defined at the start of the cycle. Currently this involves accessing the acvtiviies tab and creating indivual activities and either writing down the dates and other information or going back and forward between the main screen and activity screen to get the details. It could be as simple as a 'create activity' button available beside the date field which lanched the activity screen and pre-populated the date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be useful if you could optionally add subtotals to the report details page.

To have an option to include a sub total on the details page. I have a requirement where I print expenses awaiting payment and I have a details page and a summary page for creating bank payments. It would be good to have the ability to print the subtotal so that we can see the associated details making up the summary total

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Formula Builder in Templates

I would like to be able to use conditional statement plus other common functions when creating templates. Currently, we are able to add object fields from related records. It would be good to have additional functionality similar to the formula builder that is available in reports. This would allow us to add functions like IF, CASE, CONCAT, ROUND, ADDDATE and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Link Evernote notes to notes TAB

Having just rolled out iPads to our field sales force, it would be great to have a means of linking notes made in Evernote and linking directly to meeting, opportunity, person or organisation records.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deleting attachments in e-mails

To comply with GDPR, we need to be able to delete attachments containing personal data from e-mails uploaded via Outlook Connector. At present we would have to locate and delete the whole e-mail even if we have permission to process that data. Being able to delete attachments based on the data of the e-mail (either calendar date or "items older than X years old").

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 'In between' operator for date ranges

It would be really useful if we had an 'in between' operator when using date ranges within reports. As at the moment the only way of limiting to a specific time frame is by using a combination of 'on or after' and 'on or before'. Is this something that is in the pipeline ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ical

I have added a URL field for the iCal link to the Event Form.

We would like to insert a link to the iCal URL field (so the correct iCal URL is used for each event) of an Event begin text ("Add this event to your Outlook Calendar") on the Attendee Registered email template.

Thanks  

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. FORMS - Tabulating fields in forms

It would be ideal to be able to fit 2 or more field horizontally to be able to view more information in a form:

example: Telephone - Fax Number
    Also
    example 2: Checkbox - textbox with additinal info

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to add new activity while on the calendar view

While viewing activities from the calendar view, have the ability to click on a day and add a new activity

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve switching Employer process & way Workbooks handles people who work for more than one Organisation

At present if a Person is employed by more than one Organisation and you want to change the 'primary' Employer field in the Person Main tab, you do not have an option to say 'continues to be’ or ‘is also employed by' the original Org (which is very often the case). The system assumes you have either made a mistake (by originally allocating them to the first Org) or they have now left it for the second one. Either of these options will mark the former Organisation as one they used to work for (ie. the Person becomes ‘Ex-employee of’…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. GMail Addon

It would be good to user the new G Suite ( GMail Addons ) for showing data related to the user, who's email that you are viewing. For Example, a sales user, would when opening an email from a user see address, phone number in the Addon. They could also see that they have a task to set up a meeting.

There is form dev level info here https://developers.google.com/gmail/add-ons/

I have done a POC, and I can get data from the api using appscript, via an api_key. When I have time I will work on it a bit more.
    I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Type ahead in multi-select picklists

When using multi-select picklists you are unable to type ahead to get a shortlist of the list. You can do this for single value picklists. If we had the ability to type ahead on multi-select picklists this would provide a more consistent behaviour and save time having to scroll potentially long lists to multi-select values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow WOC to synchronise items that you create in Outlook for somebody else's calendar

Currently, in Outlook, if you create a calendar item in somebody's calendar, you are unable to synchronise this into Workbooks using the Connector.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Extend the group paradigm to all objects.

Segmenting is key. This is true for contacts (advisors, clients, employees, geographic area, industrial sector, type of services...) but also projects (clients, internal, marketing, cases, HR) etc. Self-populating groups (smart lists) with drag & drop with self-tagging (the item once moved to the list is updated with the list's attributes). Whether you are a small business owner or a mid management director in a large corp, you should have more than one type of project and one type of contacts...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove/Change 'Add Competitor' and similar relationship Buttons

The "Add Competitor" button on the Organisations tab of an Opportunity appears, even if the system has been adjusted to remove that relationship type.

Ideally, these buttons should be fully customisable but at minimum, it should only should possible relationships.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification/alert on record change.

Add the option to be alerted/notified when a record is changed/saved. For example, receive and alert when a case record is changed. This could be similar to the 'Watch' feature, but the user don't have to go and look for a changed record, a message will notify the user that the record was changed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base