Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Auto Refresh For Specific Window

To have a configurable setting next to the manual refresh button in the bottom of the cases window that will have AUTO REFRESH. So setting the feature to on and the interval to to 30 will automatically refresh that specific window (being cases queue) every 30 seconds.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create or update contact from within email.

It would be useful when you have an email from an unknown (to workbooks) contact to be able to have an action button from the email window. You could create a new contact using the new email address, or linking it to an existing contact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. IMAP implementation.

If there would be a way to implement IMAP, I wouldent have to loose so much time in integrating our email client through third party apps on none desktop environments. There are ways to work it well,
    I find setting up Gmail forwarding one way, but it does not work with outgoing, I have to have a separate utility (Gmails fault) to have auto Bcc. And then I have to have a separate app on my Android phone that supports bcc the dropbox address aswell (which the default gmail app does not... again)
    I hope this is something in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to sync [synchronise] database for offline use on mobile devices

We want to have the ability to use WorkBooks on mobile devices where there is poor or no service available for mobile devices. Effectively this would involve a synced [synchronised] version of the database on the mobile device app which could be accessed in an offline mode and could be updated as required in this state. On gaining either a WiFi or network data connection the database changes would be synchronised with the master database. Our staff are unable to use WorkBooks where there isn't a reliable data connection and so the product becomes unusable.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tax-inclusive pricing on line items

Would like a feature which allows Workbooks to be easily configured to support entering line item prices as ‘tax-inclusive’, and have the system work out and take off the correct amount of tax. It would be helpful to have the option to enter pricing either way, tax inclusive or exclusive and have the system calculate and correctly total up the amount of tax from the line items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to view the size of an attachment to an email

It would be very useful to see how large an attachment is on an email to help with database capacity / storage. This would enable any large attachments to be deleted if no longer required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Address API

In building an integration kit to work with workbooks apis I have noticed a need to import/export multiple addresses for organizations and people. As it is set up at the moment we can only utilize the API to grab the "Main Contact Details". However in practice it is necessary to have a shipping address, a billing address and possibly a contact address at the very minimum, if not multiple addresses in cases of large companies with multiple warehouses, offices, etc. An Api for grabbing addresses would be invaluable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Formula Builder in Templates

I would like to be able to use conditional statement plus other common functions when creating templates. Currently, we are able to add object fields from related records. It would be good to have additional functionality similar to the formula builder that is available in reports. This would allow us to add functions like IF, CASE, CONCAT, ROUND, ADDDATE and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Twitter and Workbooks integration

There have been a few short suggestions for this that have carried no votes. I'd like to amplify it as a suggestion.

If person objects carried a Twitter address field, then Workbooks could be given 1 or more Twitter accounts that it watches (whether through the Twitter API or some other means). Tweets that either mention one of these watched accounts or are sent as direct messages could then be carried into Workbooks as though they were emails from the person associated with the sending twitter account.

Problem: To whom would these be directed? Well you would have to associate…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A view selector for tabs

I implemented a record template for cases, to keep track of time spent on a project.

I then use activities, again with a specific record template, to log the time.

However when I look at the activities related to a case, I can only configure ONE layout for ALL record types. And the layout is not suitable for time tracking AND other activities.

Adding a way to select a different view on the tabs would make a massive difference to the usability. When designing record templates, we should also be able to select a default view for tabs.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open Case from Opportunity

From an Opportunity one can already call or email or create a To Do, but for us and perhaps other companies, it would be nice to have a New Case option which creates a case for whatever the opportunity was so that the next stage of processing can occur without a case having to be manually raised - with all that manual data input.

I would expect it to copy across the contact details and to auto-relate the opportunity to the case that has just been created.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opportunity Item Price Update, to any updated pricing

when opening an old opportunity to reuse or copy to a new opportunity it would be good if you could select to update to latest pricing, i.e. if items have new pricing since the opportunity was last used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add 'prompts' in field boxes in greyed out text so that the exact term can be entered thus preventing confusion.

A lot of the data entry fields are ambiguous as to what needs to be entered, this would benefit massively from having a greyed out comment to state the exact nature of the data that needs to be input and would reduce errors, particularly when training new staff on the system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save and Close

When making changes and closing windows it would be really helpful to have an extra button to
    Save and Close as well as Discard Changes and Continue Editing. I appreciate that this is
    available on the main window but most Windows users are used to clicking the X in the corner
    to close a screen so I feel this would be a helpful feature

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 way SMS Texting directly linked to workbooks contact such as through Coretalk.co.za

My customers prefer texting over email.

Can we have free-flowing SMS text conversations linked to the contacts? Lots of SMS CRMs allow templated marketing to the customer and templated responses from the customer BUT what I need recorded/captured by workbooks is the real life 2 way conversations I have with my customers. PLEASE HELP! Coretalk.co.za already offers this... can you link with them?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Preventing Deletions

It is not possible to easily prevent users from deleting records within workbooks with out having the advanced security module.

1. CRM systems usually have the ability to prevent deletion included
    2. There seems to be a gap in the system for the following Capabilities...

Delete Cases
    Delete Customer Contracts
    Delete Customer Contract Line Items
    Delete Customer Credit Notes
    Delete Credit Note Line Items
    Delete Customer Invoices
    Delete Customer Invoice Line Items
    Delete Customer Orders
    Delete Customer Order Line Items
    Delete Customer Quotations
    Delete Customer Quotation Line Items
    Delete Marketing Campaigns
    Delete Meetings
    Delete Opportunities
    Delete Opportunity Line Items
    Delete…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Luke,

Thanks for taking the time to raise this idea, which we’ve logged as an enhancement. We’ll keep you posted updates once Product Management and Engineering have reviewed.

17. Adding a function to check for duplicates across record types (e.g. System to warn of duplicate Sales Lead or Person)

Currently, you can only check for duplicates within the same record type e.g. sales leads against sales leads. However, if you import a new sales lead list, there is no way to check for duplicates in existing people records or vice versa. It would be good to have a system in which duplicates can be identified across all entries.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Selecting Product Code instead of Product in Quotes and Oppertunaties

In a Quote or Opportunity, when you select "Add Line Item" this selects from the "product" and note the "Product Code". this means when you print out either of these pages you have a full product description instead of just the product code. under Product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make actual picklist values selectable from a list, rather than have to type the value

In filters and reporting criteria, it would be much nicer if you could select picklist values rather than have to manually type. Basically, very similar functionality to the filters functionality in Microsoft Excel.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a good idea, and would also help to reduce the risk of reports breaking when picklist values are changed or deleted. We will consider adding this into a future release.

20. Copy Function - When creating new users, it would be easier to copy an existing user when setting up a new user who does the same job.

Copy an existing user, when setting up a new user, who do the same job. It would save a lot of time when setting up security/capabilities etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base