Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Improve switching Employer process & way Workbooks handles people who work for more than one Organisation

At present if a Person is employed by more than one Organisation and you want to change the 'primary' Employer field in the Person Main tab, you do not have an option to say 'continues to be’ or ‘is also employed by' the original Org (which is very often the case). The system assumes you have either made a mistake (by originally allocating them to the first Org) or they have now left it for the second one. Either of these options will mark the former Organisation as one they used to work for (ie. the Person becomes ‘Ex-employee of’…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Individual Repeating Meetings within the calendar view or grid view.

Currently I create new meetings from within the Case tab so they become automatically related to the case so I can see the specific schedule for that case just by opening the case. The problem is, If I create a meeting that repeats, only the first meeting date shows both in the grid view and calendar view. Basically I'd like to suggest this replicates when viewing activities using the Activities in the calendar view or grid view. This would save time in having to filter the activity view for specific cases.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Custom tabs - show number of records

There is the ability to create and add custom tabs to a record type based on a Report. However, these custom tabs don't show the number of results, so when I open the record it appears as if there's no data in the tab. So it would be really useful if the number of results could appear in the tab name e.g. Delegates (5)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy Database (deleting records and audits before copy is made) - Storage Solution

While copying an existing LIVE database, the user should have the ability to delete things like audits, records, etc... made after a curtain date so that the NEW database has only records made AFTER a curtain point, but the LIVE database retains all record types. (removes storage limitations so a user can copy more databases over without buying more storage)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add last 6/12 months option on calendar range criteria

It would be of great value for our reporting to have a last 12 months option on the calendar range as we don't really report on year to date. This would allow us to have more efficient report by reducing calculated column and other manipulation once the date is exported.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 'is on or before today’ Activities filter

Could Workbooks add an 'is on or before today’ option to the 'Due date' picklist. I appreciate this can be achieved via a combination of 'is before today' and 'is today' (with 'match any' selected) but bearing in mind the other 'today' options would be a very useful/quick enhancement/simplification - and I feel sure this would be used a lot by users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't automatically close the search window

Sometimes you open the wrong record, but because the search window auto-closes you have to redo the search.
    It is possible to hover the cursor over the search results and select "open ... keeping search results", but it would just be easier if one search window was kept open. It'll save time and is more obvious than using the technique described above.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Activity Number on the Calendar

It would be great if when working through activities and we need to move them to another date, we were able to see how many activities they're are on other dates when clicking on the due date calendar within the activity. This would be great because we then make sure we were not putting to many activities on the same date. Hope that makes sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to vary the width of a dropdown selection box.

Currently the width of a dropdown selection field on a customer field is determined by the width of the field in the layout. Standard fields like Product have dropdowns with a wider 40 character viewing window which allows for easier record selection. If this functionality can be added to customer fields it would improve the usability.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add criteria to mailing lists

Having criteria on a mailing list would be beneficial. It would allow multiple mailing lists to be powered from a single summary view of a report. Something that would be far cleaner than 1 summary view per mailing list as it currently is.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Record user information against each workbooks user.

Have the ability to record user information against each workbooks user. This could then used throughout the system but especially in templates...

Job Title
    Mobile
    DDI
    Signature Image URL
    Photo Image URL

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Default setting for email field on each record type

The ability to set for each record type the default field used for the send 'to' email address.

This would allow the use of the 'Send Email' button to be tied to a field on each object.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it easier for users to maintain/update picklists.

The ability for a user to add to a pick list from the record form would be a great time saver and improve the end user experience.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save as drafts function within activities

Auto save as draft if a user enters information but then has to step away for an extended period of time and the system closes down. so when the user returns and re-loads the application, it takes the user back to the same point it was last being used, and with the text that needs to be confirmed and saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

19. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
    When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Type ahead in multi-select picklists

When using multi-select picklists you are unable to type ahead to get a shortlist of the list. You can do this for single value picklists. If we had the ability to type ahead on multi-select picklists this would provide a more consistent behaviour and save time having to scroll potentially long lists to multi-select values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base