Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Supplier order button on Organisation's Transaction Tab or on Start Menu under New

We often have to create multiple Supplier Orders for different suppliers that relate to an order for a specific Organisation. On the Transaction tab there are buttons for new Customer Quotations, Invoices, Contracts but not for Supplier Orders which means we need to go into the Start menu then Finance to Supplier Orders. If they could be in the Start menu under New that would be great but there are currently too many clicks to get to a Supplier Order!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be useful if you could optionally add subtotals to the report details page.

To have an option to include a sub total on the details page. I have a requirement where I print expenses awaiting payment and I have a details page and a summary page for creating bank payments. It would be good to have the ability to print the subtotal so that we can see the associated details making up the summary total

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pick List option in the Subject box after selecting schedule an Activity

To be able to add a pick list (and text) in the subject box after pressing to record or schedule a task/email/telephone activity, we use the same things each time e.g. Need to call back, Follow up call, Call back in 6 months etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to create a postal address label direct from the PERSON record

When sending a parcel or letter we would like to look up the contact to ensure we have the correct details and then want to print off an address label (or export to allow a mail merge).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to sync [synchronise] database for offline use on mobile devices

We want to have the ability to use WorkBooks on mobile devices where there is poor or no service available for mobile devices. Effectively this would involve a synced [synchronised] version of the database on the mobile device app which could be accessed in an offline mode and could be updated as required in this state. On gaining either a WiFi or network data connection the database changes would be synchronised with the master database. Our staff are unable to use WorkBooks where there isn't a reliable data connection and so the product becomes unusable.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create layout rules for individual sections

I appreciate the custom layouts (and they are vital), but it would be far more useful if I could hide or show a section on the fly (and I don't mean collapse the section.)

For example, suppose I provide 5 add-on services to my main service, and each of these add-ons merits its own section. I either have to show all the sections all the time, or I need to create enough form layouts to accommodate all of the combination possibilities. Then, if I need to change anything to the core service, I would need to change it to all…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow conditional styling directly at field level rather than having to create styled reports

Allow styling directly at field level rather than having to write a separate report and apply styling via a calculated column

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please Include Reports in Recent Items

Work with Reports a lot - would be really good to include in the Recent Items list - would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Page returns to previous place when a change has been made

When making a change to a long list (Campaign Members for instance) it would be very helpful if the list returned to its previous position after refreshing - rather than returning to the top

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hopefully we will be able to remove the requirement for this when we add editable grids, so that you can amend records in line from the Landing Page (or Campaign Members tab for example) rather than having to open and save each record individually.

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Could you please give us a bit more information about how you would like to use this functionality? Depending on your requirements this might already be possible

11. Tax-inclusive pricing on line items

Would like a feature which allows Workbooks to be easily configured to support entering line item prices as ‘tax-inclusive’, and have the system work out and take off the correct amount of tax. It would be helpful to have the option to enter pricing either way, tax inclusive or exclusive and have the system calculate and correctly total up the amount of tax from the line items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create or update contact from within email.

It would be useful when you have an email from an unknown (to workbooks) contact to be able to have an action button from the email window. You could create a new contact using the new email address, or linking it to an existing contact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. IMAP implementation.

If there would be a way to implement IMAP, I wouldent have to loose so much time in integrating our email client through third party apps on none desktop environments. There are ways to work it well,
    I find setting up Gmail forwarding one way, but it does not work with outgoing, I have to have a separate utility (Gmails fault) to have auto Bcc. And then I have to have a separate app on my Android phone that supports bcc the dropbox address aswell (which the default gmail app does not... again)
    I hope this is something in the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to view the size of an attachment to an email

It would be very useful to see how large an attachment is on an email to help with database capacity / storage. This would enable any large attachments to be deleted if no longer required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mail merge

I would like to merge names, job titles, companies and addresses into Word documents so I can write letters to multiple recipients quickly and easily without the rigmarole of exporting to excel and then mail merging from that.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Address API

In building an integration kit to work with workbooks apis I have noticed a need to import/export multiple addresses for organizations and people. As it is set up at the moment we can only utilize the API to grab the "Main Contact Details". However in practice it is necessary to have a shipping address, a billing address and possibly a contact address at the very minimum, if not multiple addresses in cases of large companies with multiple warehouses, offices, etc. An Api for grabbing addresses would be invaluable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Formula Builder in Templates

I would like to be able to use conditional statement plus other common functions when creating templates. Currently, we are able to add object fields from related records. It would be good to have additional functionality similar to the formula builder that is available in reports. This would allow us to add functions like IF, CASE, CONCAT, ROUND, ADDDATE and so on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    acknowledged  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A view selector for tabs

I implemented a record template for cases, to keep track of time spent on a project.

I then use activities, again with a specific record template, to log the time.

However when I look at the activities related to a case, I can only configure ONE layout for ALL record types. And the layout is not suitable for time tracking AND other activities.

Adding a way to select a different view on the tabs would make a massive difference to the usability. When designing record templates, we should also be able to select a default view for tabs.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Twitter and Workbooks integration

There have been a few short suggestions for this that have carried no votes. I'd like to amplify it as a suggestion.

If person objects carried a Twitter address field, then Workbooks could be given 1 or more Twitter accounts that it watches (whether through the Twitter API or some other means). Tweets that either mention one of these watched accounts or are sent as direct messages could then be carried into Workbooks as though they were emails from the person associated with the sending twitter account.

Problem: To whom would these be directed? Well you would have to associate…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open Case from Opportunity

From an Opportunity one can already call or email or create a To Do, but for us and perhaps other companies, it would be nice to have a New Case option which creates a case for whatever the opportunity was so that the next stage of processing can occur without a case having to be manually raised - with all that manual data input.

I would expect it to copy across the contact details and to auto-relate the opportunity to the case that has just been created.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base