Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Save as drafts function within activities

Auto save as draft if a user enters information but then has to step away for an extended period of time and the system closes down. so when the user returns and re-loads the application, it takes the user back to the same point it was last being used, and with the text that needs to be confirmed and saved.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

3. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to sync to more than one Mailchimp list

At present the Mailchimp API only allows synchronisation with one list in Mailchimp (and, therefore, 60 groups).

However, this means that anyone who unsubscribes from that list will be excluded from all future emails we send out to the same list. While this works fine for marketing messages, we still need to email our members and customers with non-commercial messages about services they have paid for. Therefore, much of this will have to be handled manually or by bypassing the API altogether and importing lists into Mailchimp outside of Workbooks.

So if we were able to sync with multiple lists…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enter Filter criteria (e.g. date range) on Summary view of a report to apply to the Detail view driving the report

Similar to the idea to allow filtering on date criteria (e.g. this month/last month etc) but extend to allow user to apply filters on the report Summary views which are then applied to the Detail view driving the report. E.g. Detail view might contain all order line items for orders placed - Summary view shows Totals by Product Category by Customer. Would like to be able to apply a filter on the Summary view to restrict the data set to just this month or just a set of Customers etc.
    Would be really nice if you could define parameters to…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to select individual records in landing pages

When prospecting or building a list, I would like to set a filter, say businesses in London. Then I want to look at the data, select 10 records from a page, and add them to a campaign.

In the same way that it is already implemented in Licences and Modules, on the Modules tab.

At the moment the only way to do this is one-by-one.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Funnel Chart option

Add a funnel chart / diagram option to show sales pipeline overview. This will really help get an idea of where the sales pipeline is healthy, and where more leads/opportunities are required.
    At present, the easiest way to achieve this is to create a report that outputs 2 columns, one for the stage/status, and the second for the data/values, then export to Microsoft Excel and use the built-in Funnel chart options.
    It would be great if this was added to Workbooks so that it could be used for a chart option and used on a Dashboard. This would save the…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
      When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details, phone,…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easy archiving facility

Automated archiving to reduce storage usage.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clone a product

Would like to have the ability to clone a product rather than have to create a new or import them each time.

Scenario is that I have 1 product that works well so I now want to add 9 more that are similar. I didn't import the single one so there's no profile I could use again.

Why can't I select from the products list and clone it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Marketing Course

There are a lot of marketing options that can be used within Workbooks and there needs to be a course to support this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automaticly close event marketing campaign when maximum capacity for event is reached

I use marketing campaigns to manage event registration through an integrated portal on our website.

It would be great if you could enter the maximum capacity of the event so that it would automatically close when this number is reached as I have to monitor this daily.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification/alert on record change.

Add the option to be alerted/notified when a record is changed/saved. For example, receive and alert when a case record is changed. This could be similar to the 'Watch' feature, but the user don't have to go and look for a changed record, a message will notify the user that the record was changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Supplier order button on Organisation's Transaction Tab or on Start Menu under New

We often have to create multiple Supplier Orders for different suppliers that relate to an order for a specific Organisation. On the Transaction tab there are buttons for new Customer Quotations, Invoices, Contracts but not for Supplier Orders which means we need to go into the Start menu then Finance to Supplier Orders. If they could be in the Start menu under New that would be great but there are currently too many clicks to get to a Supplier Order!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be useful if you could optionally add subtotals to the report details page.

To have an option to include a sub total on the details page. I have a requirement where I print expenses awaiting payment and I have a details page and a summary page for creating bank payments. It would be good to have the ability to print the subtotal so that we can see the associated details making up the summary total

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chart ALL rows of a report

Currently when you create a report in Workbooks you are shown the first n rows of data, where n is the value set in your 'Lists' preference. If you chart the report either for a standalone chart or for inclusion in a dashboard then you will ONLY see n values in your report.

If you report has more than the default value of 'Lists' you will NOT see the data on your chart from the additional rows. So yes you can alter your preference but if the chart is redrawn by another user with a different preference value, or the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pick List option in the Subject box after selecting schedule an Activity

To be able to add a pick list (and text) in the subject box after pressing to record or schedule a task/email/telephone activity, we use the same things each time e.g. Need to call back, Follow up call, Call back in 6 months etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Avoid two people working on the same record at the same time.

Currently two people could be working on the same record at the same time. When saving one person will lose all the changes he has made. This is really annoying and we waste a lots of time on it. Most of the CRM systems deal with this issue. Workbooks does not offer a solution for this and would appreciate if this could be looked into.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to create a postal address label direct from the PERSON record

When sending a parcel or letter we would like to look up the contact to ensure we have the correct details and then want to print off an address label (or export to allow a mail merge).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base