Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. 'is on or before today’ Activities filter

Could Workbooks add an 'is on or before today’ option to the 'Due date' picklist. I appreciate this can be achieved via a combination of 'is before today' and 'is today' (with 'match any' selected) but bearing in mind the other 'today' options would be a very useful/quick enhancement/simplification - and I feel sure this would be used a lot by users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't automatically close the search window

Sometimes you open the wrong record, but because the search window auto-closes you have to redo the search.
    It is possible to hover the cursor over the search results and select "open ... keeping search results", but it would just be easier if one search window was kept open. It'll save time and is more obvious than using the technique described above.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Activity Number on the Calendar

It would be great if when working through activities and we need to move them to another date, we were able to see how many activities they're are on other dates when clicking on the due date calendar within the activity. This would be great because we then make sure we were not putting to many activities on the same date. Hope that makes sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Selecting Product Code instead of Product in Quotes and Oppertunaties

In a Quote or Opportunity, when you select "Add Line Item" this selects from the "product" and note the "Product Code". this means when you print out either of these pages you have a full product description instead of just the product code. under Product.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tool Tip for Fields

It would be nice to have a rollover icon "?" ability next to fields so that when a user scrolls over the field name they would be able to view a brief description of the purpose of the field. This would be helpful so that users don't have to ask or refer back to an instruction manual on what the purpose of their custom field is!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drag and Drop Layout Editing

The current method of arranging items in a custom layout, is cumbersome and far too time consuming.

Using drag and drop javascript functions would be much more efficient and helpful in order to try out layouts quickly. Also the 'View' checkbox could be made interactive rather than having to open up the dialog box.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Record user information against each workbooks user.

Have the ability to record user information against each workbooks user. This could then used throughout the system but especially in templates...

Job Title
    Mobile
    DDI
    Signature Image URL
    Photo Image URL

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default setting for email field on each record type

The ability to set for each record type the default field used for the send 'to' email address.

This would allow the use of the 'Send Email' button to be tied to a field on each object.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easier for users to maintain/update picklists.

The ability for a user to add to a pick list from the record form would be a great time saver and improve the end user experience.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Visual indication when an email is shared with Workbooks

A client recently converted from Microsoft CRM to Workbooks. They love it, however find the Outlook connector could do with some improvements:

1. Ability to select multiple emails, and Share with WB

If you are not 100% diligent in sharing emails when they happen, you may need to do some sharing at a later date. In WB, I have to open each email, click share, save and close. In MS CRM, I can ctrl-select all the emails I want to share, and click a button on the ribbon to share.

1. There is no visual indication that an email is shared.

When…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save as drafts function within activities

Auto save as draft if a user enters information but then has to step away for an extended period of time and the system closes down. so when the user returns and re-loads the application, it takes the user back to the same point it was last being used, and with the text that needs to be confirmed and saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

15. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add ability to sync to more than one Mailchimp list

At present the Mailchimp API only allows synchronisation with one list in Mailchimp (and, therefore, 60 groups).

However, this means that anyone who unsubscribes from that list will be excluded from all future emails we send out to the same list. While this works fine for marketing messages, we still need to email our members and customers with non-commercial messages about services they have paid for. Therefore, much of this will have to be handled manually or by bypassing the API altogether and importing lists into Mailchimp outside of Workbooks.

So if we were able to sync with multiple lists…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enter Filter criteria (e.g. date range) on Summary view of a report to apply to the Detail view driving the report

Similar to the idea to allow filtering on date criteria (e.g. this month/last month etc) but extend to allow user to apply filters on the report Summary views which are then applied to the Detail view driving the report. E.g. Detail view might contain all order line items for orders placed - Summary view shows Totals by Product Category by Customer. Would like to be able to apply a filter on the Summary view to restrict the data set to just this month or just a set of Customers etc.
    Would be really nice if you could define parameters to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to select individual records in landing pages

When prospecting or building a list, I would like to set a filter, say businesses in London. Then I want to look at the data, select 10 records from a page, and add them to a campaign.

In the same way that it is already implemented in Licences and Modules, on the Modules tab.

At the moment the only way to do this is one-by-one.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Funnel Chart option

Add a funnel chart / diagram option to show sales pipeline overview. This will really help get an idea of where the sales pipeline is healthy, and where more leads/opportunities are required.
    At present, the easiest way to achieve this is to create a report that outputs 2 columns, one for the stage/status, and the second for the data/values, then export to Microsoft Excel and use the built-in Funnel chart options.
    It would be great if this was added to Workbooks so that it could be used for a chart option and used on a Dashboard. This would save the…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
      When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details, phone,…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base