Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, please do so – it helps us choose the features we will work on next. We have already addressed a lot of the most popular ideas voted for here. You get 10 votes which can be reallocated (and which become free when we complete an idea you have voted for).

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

1. Record user information against each workbooks user.

Have the ability to record user information against each workbooks user. This could then used throughout the system but especially in templates...

Job Title
    Mobile
    DDI
    Signature Image URL
    Photo Image URL

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default setting for email field on each record type

The ability to set for each record type the default field used for the send 'to' email address.

This would allow the use of the 'Send Email' button to be tied to a field on each object.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it easier for users to maintain/update picklists.

The ability for a user to add to a pick list from the record form would be a great time saver and improve the end user experience.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Visual indication when an email is shared with Workbooks

A client recently converted from Microsoft CRM to Workbooks. They love it, however find the Outlook connector could do with some improvements:

1. Ability to select multiple emails, and Share with WB

If you are not 100% diligent in sharing emails when they happen, you may need to do some sharing at a later date. In WB, I have to open each email, click share, save and close. In MS CRM, I can ctrl-select all the emails I want to share, and click a button on the ribbon to share.

2. There is no visual indication that an email is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New theme improvements

Please up the contrast levels so boxes and drop down's are more identifiable, currently our staff are struggling to deal with just how white everything is (though still preferable to the old version). It would also be useful if sizing could be looked at - the taskbar and some icons are far too large and using CTRL - works well in some areas but renders text far too small

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save as drafts function within activities

Auto save as draft if a user enters information but then has to step away for an extended period of time and the system closes down. so when the user returns and re-loads the application, it takes the user back to the same point it was last being used, and with the text that needs to be confirmed and saved.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voting on Ideas is inadequate.

You should be able to rate any idea. Because if you run out of votes and don't know how long you have to wait for a vote to come free you will not be able to express your interest in a any new ideas.
    New ideas will be handicapped and users will loose interest in this facility.
    Every user should be able to score every idea, marks out of five would be ideal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello – unfortunately this is the way that Uservoice (the technology behind the Suggestions area) is designed to work. By allowing you ten votes which must be allocated to your favourite ideas it forces you to choose; there are a lot of great ideas on this forum but we have to work out which will get the most “bang for our buck”.

You can reallocate your votes if you see an idea which you now think is a more valuable idea than one on which you voted previously. Also, note that Workbooks has historically addressed the top-scoring ideas and as ideas are completed those votes get returned to users so they can be allocated to other ideas.

9. Add a Funnel Chart option

Add a funnel chart / diagram option to show sales pipeline overview. This will really help get an idea of where the sales pipeline is healthy, and where more leads/opportunities are required.
    At present, the easiest way to achieve this is to create a report that outputs 2 columns, one for the stage/status, and the second for the data/values, then export to Microsoft Excel and use the built-in Funnel chart options.
    It would be great if this was added to Workbooks so that it could be used for a chart option and used on a Dashboard. This would save the…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Snap feature for automatic resizing of record type windows (Opp, Task, Person, Company Etc)

Similar to Microsoft Windows 7,8 & 10.

it would allow you to snap workbooks record type windows to automatically fill the available space, for quick and easy side by side viewing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to select individual records in landing pages

When prospecting or building a list, I would like to set a filter, say businesses in London. Then I want to look at the data, select 10 records from a page, and add them to a campaign.

In the same way that it is already implemented in Licences and Modules, on the Modules tab.

At the moment the only way to do this is one-by-one.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy lead and or select organization when creating lead

As I work with leads in Workbooks I often find I have more than one lead for a given organization. I prefer to keep organizations and people separate from my leads as that is the flow I wish to maintain. I'll convert a lead to a person and organization once they show enough qualified interest.

What would be nice to have is a way to have 2 functional short cuts in the system.

1. Copy a lead
    When I work with leads I often have multiple people I am dealing with. Having to rekey in all the company address details,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easy archiving facility

Automated archiving to reduce storage usage.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Type ahead in multi-select picklists

When using multi-select picklists you are unable to type ahead to get a shortlist of the list. You can do this for single value picklists. If we had the ability to type ahead on multi-select picklists this would provide a more consistent behaviour and save time having to scroll potentially long lists to multi-select values.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clone a product

Would like to have the ability to clone a product rather than have to create a new or import them each time.

Scenario is that I have 1 product that works well so I now want to add 9 more that are similar. I didn't import the single one so there's no profile I could use again.

Why can't I select from the products list and clone it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Marketing Course

There are a lot of marketing options that can be used within Workbooks and there needs to be a course to support this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include the ability to add double opt-in when people subscribe to email marketing

we use Workbooks for email marketing and I know you are currently working on your own email visual builder similar to Mailchimp and others, which is great news. At the moment we use a combination of the Workbooks CRM (because it is so good) and the Mailchimp integration to send emails. We use Workbooks' Web to Lead form to capture new sign ups, however it is best practice to enable double opt in when people sign up to email marketing, and at present this isn't possible within Workbooks.

So this would probably involve a triggered email that gets sent upon…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automaticly close event marketing campaign when maximum capacity for event is reached

I use marketing campaigns to manage event registration through an integrated portal on our website.

It would be great if you could enter the maximum capacity of the event so that it would automatically close when this number is reached as I have to monitor this daily.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification/alert on record change.

Add the option to be alerted/notified when a record is changed/saved. For example, receive and alert when a case record is changed. This could be similar to the 'Watch' feature, but the user don't have to go and look for a changed record, a message will notify the user that the record was changed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base