Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

At Workbooks, we think that our customers should have the opportunity to influence our product development priorities.

If you have any suggestions or would like to vote on an existing suggestion, feel free …

Already committed features and new feature candidates can be found published on our roadmap page.

Please leave your suggestion or vote here ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Auto Refresh For Specific Window

To have a configurable setting next to the manual refresh button in the bottom of the cases window that will have AUTO REFRESH. So setting the feature to on and the interval to to 30 will automatically refresh that specific window (being cases queue) every 30 seconds.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Mail merge

I would like to merge names, job titles, companies and addresses into Word documents so I can write letters to multiple recipients quickly and easily without the rigmarole of exporting to excel and then mail merging from that.

50 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Time Spent on Cases

I have a requirement to monitor how much time is being spent working on cases.

I'd like to see stopwatch functionality on the main Case form that allows users to click start when they work on a case (whether that me typing an email or replicating a problem, conference calls with customers etc) and a stop button when they have finished. The timer should resume from when it was last stopped so we can see a running total amount of time spent.

The timer doesn't need to have a realtime display. Simply logging the time/date when the start and stop…

49 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • See all 'Watched' items

One can mark many objects as being Watched but there is no single place to see all your watched objects at once. You have to go to each area (Cases, Activities, Opportunities etc) to see those of that particular type.

It would be very useful to be able to look at all of the Watched items in a single place - especially for managerial types.

49 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Inline Edit on the list pages (Allow data edit in Landing Pages to avoid the need to open, edit, save & close, repeat...)

When you have a list of objects, allow editing of values in the displayed columns. Especially tickboxes and dropdown fields. (I think this is already supported for line items on quotations)

41 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add ability to sync to more than one Mailchimp list

At present the Mailchimp API only allows synchronisation with one list in Mailchimp (and, therefore, 60 groups).

However, this means that anyone who unsubscribes from that list will be excluded from all future emails we send out to the same list. While this works fine for marketing messages, we still need to email our members and customers with non-commercial messages about services they have paid for. Therefore, much of this will have to be handled manually or by bypassing the API altogether and importing lists into Mailchimp outside of Workbooks.

So if we were able to sync with multiple lists…

31 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Drag and Drop Layout Editing

The current method of arranging items in a custom layout, is cumbersome and far too time consuming.

Using drag and drop javascript functions would be much more efficient and helpful in order to try out layouts quickly. Also the 'View' checkbox could be made interactive rather than having to open up the dialog box.

30 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Reporting parameters (Prompt users for values when they run a report)

You currently have to edit a report's criteria if you want to use different criteria e.g. a report may be called This Month's New Sales Leads, but you may want to also include the Sales Leads that were created last month.
                  It would be great if you could specify whether or not a report's definition is "fixed", or can be fed parameters when it's run. e.g. run a report that finds records between date a and date b.

27 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to transfer configuration changes between databases

We would like the ability to duplicate data between our Demo database which we use for confirming customisation configuration before we implement them into our live, which is quiet time consuming as we end up create the same changes twice.
                    What would be good is to be able to select a specific landing page within our demo database & sync with our live database.

23 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Include the ability to add double opt-in when people subscribe to email marketing

we use Workbooks for email marketing and I know you are currently working on your own email visual builder similar to Mailchimp and others, which is great news. At the moment we use a combination of the Workbooks CRM (because it is so good) and the Mailchimp integration to send emails. We use Workbooks' Web to Lead form to capture new sign ups, however it is best practice to enable double opt in when people sign up to email marketing, and at present this isn't possible within Workbooks.

So this would probably involve a triggered email that gets sent upon…

19 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add JPEG (and potentially PDF) files direct to Opportunity records without having to go via the Upload Library

Our Quotes and some customer documentation are generated within Workbooks. However, if we need to embed an image or datasheet we have to:
                        1) Convert to JPEG
                        2) Add to Upload Library
                        3) Create a note within the Opportunity record
                        4) Select the image saved in that note in the corresponding field within the Opportunity record
                        We would welcome a way that browse function could be associated with our Opportunity field that allowed us to just upload from our B:Drive straight to the relevant field.

18 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

It is possible to upload files directly to a Note or Activity via the ‘Files’ tab, though this does not give you the ability the view the image from within Workbooks.

If you want to be able to view the image within Workbooks, or if you need to add the image to an Email Template for example, then you must upload it to the Upload Library first. The image can be uploaded in a JPEG or PNG format. The Upload Library will generate an external url for the image.
                          You can then select to add the image to a Rich Text field. The Rich Text field stores html, and to display the image it requires the external url of the image. Rich Text fields can be found on Notes, Tasks, or you can create a custom field of type ‘Rich Text’.

If you need to track whether files have been…

• When assigning an organisation to someone

To save duplication it would be great if when you get assigned an organisation workbooks automatically links you to any opportunities for that organisation.

Also when you create an opportunity that it would automatically enter all people from the organisation and any other previous organisation notes.

16 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            under review  ·  Keith EvansKeith Evans responded

We will review this issue in due course. Initial thoughts: Any changes to the way in which the “Assigned to” functionality works need to be carefully considered because there may be unforeseen knock-on effects. Additionally not all Workbooks customers use this functionality in the same way e.g. Just because an Organisation is being assigned to a different user, should all opportunities be re-assigned? If multiple sales people sell multiple times to the same organisation there may be multiple ongoing and historical opportunities that need to be assigned to different people.

• Add a Funnel Chart option

Add a funnel chart / diagram option to show sales pipeline overview. This will really help get an idea of where the sales pipeline is healthy, and where more leads/opportunities are required.
                            At present, the easiest way to achieve this is to create a report that outputs 2 columns, one for the stage/status, and the second for the data/values, then export to Microsoft Excel and use the built-in Funnel chart options.
                            It would be great if this was added to Workbooks so that it could be used for a chart option and used on a Dashboard. This would save the…

16 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Time Saving Ideas for Cases

There are a number of areas where a support engineer can do the same job in less clicks if Workbooks runs slightly differently

a) Make it possible to set a default FROM address when using cases so that responses come back (for example) to a generic role address that is punted into Workbooks - like support@... or info@...., something user specified of course.

b) When sending a mail to a customer you can do this from the Cases Main tab or using the Cases Email tab. If you select Blank Mail you get a different email as the one from…

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Cases/Helpdesk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to sync [synchronise] database for offline use on mobile devices

We want to have the ability to use WorkBooks on mobile devices where there is poor or no service available for mobile devices. Effectively this would involve a synced [synchronised] version of the database on the mobile device app which could be accessed in an offline mode and could be updated as required in this state. On gaining either a WiFi or network data connection the database changes would be synchronised with the master database. Our staff are unable to use WorkBooks where there isn't a reliable data connection and so the product becomes unusable.

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  acknowledged  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Enter Filter criteria (e.g. date range) on Summary view of a report to apply to the Detail view driving the report

Similar to the idea to allow filtering on date criteria (e.g. this month/last month etc) but extend to allow user to apply filters on the report Summary views which are then applied to the Detail view driving the report. E.g. Detail view might contain all order line items for orders placed - Summary view shows Totals by Product Category by Customer. Would like to be able to apply a filter on the Summary view to restrict the data set to just this month or just a set of Customers etc.
                                  Would be really nice if you could define parameters to…

12 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Ability to hide / remove the rich text buttons

In layouts, the rich text buttons take up a large amount of room - It would be a good idea to add an option to remove or hide the buttons.
                                    Perhaps a collapsible option.
                                    Also with the option to have them collapsed by default if required.

12 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Timesheet

It would be really beneficial for us to get visibility in Workbooks of the utilisation of our consultants, our average daily rates, the projects each consultant is spending their time on etc. An integrated timesheet functionality would save us tons of time.

10 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some of our customer already use the activity functionality in Workbooks to track time utilisation. This is normally achieved by adding meeting activity to either an order or a case and then using the start and end times to calculate the time delivered.

It is then possible to write a report which add together all the time delivered against a specific case or order.

We recognise this isn’t as elegant as a time sheet, so we will keep the timesheeting requirement under review.

• Preventing Deletions

It is not possible to easily prevent users from deleting records within workbooks with out having the advanced security module.

1. CRM systems usually have the ability to prevent deletion included
                                        2. There seems to be a gap in the system for the following Capabilities...

Delete Cases
                                        Delete Customer Contracts
                                        Delete Customer Contract Line Items
                                        Delete Customer Credit Notes
                                        Delete Credit Note Line Items
                                        Delete Customer Invoices
                                        Delete Customer Invoice Line Items
                                        Delete Customer Orders
                                        Delete Customer Order Line Items
                                        Delete Customer Quotations
                                        Delete Customer Quotation Line Items
                                        Delete Marketing Campaigns
                                        Delete Meetings
                                        Delete Opportunities
                                        Delete Opportunity Line Items
                                        Delete…

10 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Luke,

Thanks for taking the time to raise this idea, which we’ve logged as an enhancement. We’ll keep you posted updates once Product Management and Engineering have reviewed.

• A view selector for tabs

I implemented a record template for cases, to keep track of time spent on a project.

I then use activities, again with a specific record template, to log the time.

However when I look at the activities related to a case, I can only configure ONE layout for ALL record types. And the layout is not suitable for time tracking AND other activities.

Adding a way to select a different view on the tabs would make a massive difference to the usability. When designing record templates, we should also be able to select a default view for tabs.

9 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Workbooks Enhancements & Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base